Thursday, January 17, 2008

Multi Center Clinical trials of Platelet Rich Plasma Underway



Technorati blog directory

Many trials are in the pipeline in efforts of obtaining FDA approval for PRP injections. There is a multi-center placebo controlled double blinded study underway looking at plantar fasciitis(heel pain) & lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow).

http://www.biomet.com/patients/clinical_recruitment_recover.cfm

Also, Thanks to the many patients inquiring about info on docs around the country performing PRP procedures. Feel free to contact any of those listed in the link performing this particular study. At some point I may have a list of various PRP docs out there to help patients out. Please Continue to send requests.

On another note, we are currently examining the efficacy of Platelet Rich Plasma with osteoarthritis. We are collecting objective data on all patients injected.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

our ortho dr reccommended this procedure for my daughters shoulder. Do you plan on doing any clinical studies on shoulders in the future?

thanks

Danny Shipman said...

Hello, My name is Danny Shipman and I have wrist osteoarthritis with a 45 degree flexon range of motion. I have had two surgeries one to debride the right wrist and one to remove part of the tendon sheath to allow me more range of motion. Neither surgery worked. I am also an avid tournament tennis player.What are the factors a doctor considers as to if I would be a candidate to have RPT? Also if anyone is doing a clinical trial I would be interested in participating. Having some challenge finding a clinical trial. I can be reached at Danny@DannyShipman.com Thanks, Danny

luis Bartra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
luis Bartra said...

Hello, My name is Luis Bartra and I have osteoarthritis in my hip and lower back. The doctors recommend surgeries. I do not want major surgery, I can't afford being off work and to pay for major surgeries. I am 52 years old and in very good phisical condition but these two problems. I am in lots of pain and need help. What are the factors a doctor considers as to if I would be a candidate to have RPT? Also if anyone is doing a clinical trial I would be interested in participating. Looking for clinical trials I can participate. My name Is Luis and can be reached at lfbartra@yahoo.com or lfbartra@gmail.com.

Dec. 18, 2011